Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Intro

First off, my name is Ryan Davis. I am a member of Boy Scout Troop 734 and I am working on the rank of Eagle Scout, the highest honor in Scouts. In order to achieve this rank, I must lead others in the completion of a service project.

The project I have chosen to do has already been approved and is in the early stages of motion. I am going to create 2,500 comfort bags for children awaiting surgery at the Children's Hospital at HealthPark in Fort Myers, FL. At this point in time, children awaiting surgery have nothing to keep them busy during the sometimes endless wait time. So, I will provide 2,500 bags of goodies. While it may sound like a great deal of bags, this is a mere 6 month supply, owing to the fact that approximately 90 surgeries occur in one week.

In order to make this project a success, I must obtain donated materials. These materials include plastic or canvas bags, coloring books, crayons, pens, pencils, small stuffed animals, small handheld games, and small notebooks.

If you have any questions or would like to donate please Email Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home